We promote quality tourism services that encourage responsible behaviour among
all stakeholders and foster understanding and appreciation of the concept of "Outstanding Universal Value" and protection of World Heritage. The rehabilitation of the stable for tourist accommodation, used the bio-sustainable technique of construction with bales of straw (chaff or hay). The results were:
1. Natural and renewable material: By using straw, as a building block, the use of other materials that require industrial transformation (cooking and chemical processes) that emit significant amounts of pollutants into the atmosphere was avoided by 59%.
2. Economic savings in labor and material: Due to ease of transportation, storage and construction speed, 33% savings in labor and 45% in material were achieved.
3. Thermal insulation: The straw helps maintain temperatures in levels of well-being inside the building, avoiding air conditioning elements. It got 3 degrees Celsius (37.4 F) more temperature vs. the rooms without bales of straw.
4. Earthquake-resistant construction: Straw walls absorb much of the force of the earthquake instead of transferring it to the roof as in conventionally constructed structures.
5. Acoustic insulation: Straw walls offer more silence, which results in a sense of peace inside.
Excelencia en hospitalidad!!!
Memories of a past that time absorbed, is what nostalgia causes us with the "stable" of the hacienda (1960). One certainty remains: the happiness of "preserving traditions".
We offer 10 rooms, with their own personality and identity, where the desire to innovate and, fundamentally, the passion for details, conceive the first "stable" converted into a tourist residence in Ecuador.
King size beds (76 x 80 inches)
Board games, billiards, table tennis
The soft crackle of fire for your relaxation.
The table as a place to meet.
To the countryside and the snow covered Cayambe volcano.
Available in common areas.
Free up to 8 items per room.
Personalized door to door service.
Exclusive parking for guests.